TLI41316 Certificate IV in Transport & Logistics
(Road Transport - Heavy Vehicle Driving Instruction)
How Long does the course go for?
1. The course runs Face to Face for two weeks. Although you can complete the course in this time there is an amount of work to do at home or away from training. You DO NOT have to complete the full assessment process in that same time period, many do due to work commitments but you will have to allow time after every day to do this and gain an understanding of the material. We recommend a minimum of 2 hrs per evening of self directed progress would be needed to complete all material within the 10 days. Ideally if possible you should allow a couple of weeks after the face to face section to allow you more time and less stress. The first week is made up of the theory components and the second week is the practical side. With the huge variances of incidents that occur during this type of training you will come across things that can not be covered in the course (you would need to be here for years to cover everything) we are available for you to contact for advice after you complete the course (no time limit) we can also provide you with extra in vehicle training after the official completion of the course to assist you to gather a deeper understanding of the variances of what you can expect.
What Times do I need to be there?
2. The course commences at 9:30am every morning but finish times may vary but generally we finish at 3:30pm each day. Finish times within the second week can vary dependant on numbers enrolled in the course.
Can I do the course externally?
What will this qualification allow me to do?
4. With the TLI41316 Qualification you will be able to deliver training to those learning to drive a Heavy Vehicle for the purpose of obtaining a drivers licence. In Some states (If you do further training in the TAE40110 qualification) you can also do the assessment for the issue of the drivers licence. You MUST hold this qualification to obtain a Licence to instruct Learners, it is an offence to provide training to a learner (in all states) for reward (any reward, does not have to be money) without holding an Instructors Licence issued by a State Licencing authority. Most States also need you to hold both Qualifications.
What won't this qualification allow me to do?
Is this course Nationally recognised?
6. Short answer is Yes. This course is recognised in all States and Territories of Australia. With this qualification you can apply for an Instructors licence in all states (some state require extra units to be completed to be able to complete assessment of drivers)
Is there anything else I need to be an Instructor?
7. Yes You will also need to apply to the state authority for a driver trainers licence and if you are doing the MC (Multi Combination) Level you Must also complete the TAE40110 Qualification (It is recommended for all Heavy Classes but Mandatory for MC) Some States will also require you to Hold the TAE40110 Qualification to be issue a trainers licence in that state for Heavy Vehicles. See links to each state below.
What resources do I need to supply myself?
8. It is prefered that you supply your own Laptop Computer for the course as some of the projects require you to use the internet and the workbooks and textbooks will be supplied to you in digital format for you to complete your work, we will provide Wi-Fi access for you in the training rooms, if you do not have a computer that you can bring to the course don't worry as we have some available for you to use here. You might also want to bring some note taking supplies (pad and Pen) and some lunch, but there is an abundance of food stores nearby. You will need internet access for some exercises (at home or away from training room) but if they are not available for you please discuss with your trainer and alternative arrangements can be made. You will also need to provide a Vehicle for the Class of licence you wish to instruct in (highest class) if you cannot provide a vehicle one can be arranged at a further cost.
What are the pre-requites I need to enrol in the course?
9. Yes you must be the holder of an OPEN Australian licence for the class you wish to Train in and have held that licence for a minimum of 12 months, in QLD, but up to 3 Years is some states. This could be a licence issued in another state or country..
When will I receive my qualification after completing the course?
10. The standards for RTO's allow 28 days for the issue of qualifications from the date of receiving all completed material. Aegis Training Services has a policy of issuing the qualifications within 3 working days if possible (possible 95% of the time) on many occasions it is possible to issue within 1 day.
Can I complete this course Online?
What is the cost to complete the course?
How long does it take to complete the course?
13. The course is self paced so you can take as long or as short a time as it is nessessary to do the course. There is no real time limit though it is expected that the maximum would be in the area of 12 months with the average being one month.
Are there still sections that I will need to do on site?
14. Yes, As you can appreciate there is a practical side to driving and as such your driving and ability to instruct can not be assessed on the computer or in a workbook, only your knowledge not your actual driving or instruction skills. No a video won't be able to do it, but depending on the area (location) you are in it might be possible for us to arrange for you to be assessed by a local Driver Trainer.