TLI41216 Certificate IV in Transport & Logistics
(Driving Instruction - Car)
How Long does the course go for?
1. The first step is to do your course and gain the qualification, this will take at least 2 weeks of your time in the face to face componant of the course. This will generally be broken up with you doing two days in the first week and at a future date (minimum the following week) complete a full week of practical training and assessment. It is expected that several days will be needed over a period of time to complete the "ghosting" section of the course in vehicle with a current approved Driver Trainer.
You will also need to be available to spend some time to go out with current Driving Instructors and observe lessons and tests. You will then have time to help complete any assignments or projects that you did not get completed in the face to face componant of the course, how long this takes is up to you but it is expected that it would take a minimum of being completed in the two weeks and an expected maximum of six months to complete but being competency based you could take longer if you desired.
What Times do I need to be there?
2. The course commences at 9:30am every morning but finish times may vary but generally we finish at 3:30pm each day. Finish times within the second week can vary dependant on numbers enrolled in the course.
Can I do the course externally?
What will this qualification allow me to do?
4. With the TLI41216 Qualification you will be able to deliver training to those learning to drive a car for the purpose of obtaining a drivers licence and recieve a fee for your services. In some states (If you do further training in the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification) you can also do the assessment for the issue of the drivers licence. You MUST hold this qualification to obtain a Licence to instruct Learners, it is an offence to provide training to a learner (in all states) for reward (any reward, does not have to be money) without holding an Instructors Licence/Accreditation issued by a State Licencing authority.
What won't this qualification allow me to do?
Is this course Nationally recognised?
6. Short answer is Yes. This course is recognised in all States and Territories of Australia. With this qualification you can apply for an Instructors licence in all states (some state require extra units to be completed to be able to complete assessment of drivers)
Is there anything else I need to be an Instructor?
What resources do i need to supply myself?
8. It is prefered that you supply your own Laptop Computer for the course as some of the projects require you to use the internet and the workbooks and textbooks will be supplied to you in digital format for you to complete your work, we will provide Wi-Fi access for you in the training rooms, if you do not have a computer that you can bring to the course don't worry as we have some available for you to use here. You might also want to bring some note taking supplies (pad and Pen) and some lunch, but there is an abundance of food stores nearby.
You will need internet access for some exercises (at home or away from training room) but if they are not available for you please discuss with your trainer and alternative arrangements can be made. Don't worry to much if you only have very basic computer skills you will only be doing very basic work electronicaly.
We will also be providing the car for you to do the trtaining in while you are doing the practical section of the course, so you do not have to worry about having to provide the vehicle.
What are the pre-requites I need to enrol in the course?
9. You must be the holder of an OPEN licence and have held that licence for a minimum of 12 months. This could be a licence issued in another state or country. But each State/Territory has different requirements regarding the requirements to become an Accredited Trainer, for example in QLD you must hold an Australian or NZ licence for a minimum of 12 months, so you might need to check on the links provided above to ensure you are eligable for the issue of the accreditation before you enrol in the course.
Aegis Training Services Pty Ltd and it's agents take no responsibility for you not being eligable for the issue of the Driver Trainer Accreditation/Licence, although we will make every effort to assist you in determining eligability before enrolment.
When will I receive my qualification after completing the course?
10. The standards for RTO's allow 28 days for the issue of qualifications from the date of receiving all completed material. Aegis Training Services has a policy of issuing the qualifications within 3 working days if possible (possible 95% of the time) on many occasions it is possible to issue within 1 day.
Can I complete this course Online?
11. No you will need to attend the course as the majority of the course is practical demonstration of skills and knowledge. You can however complete some of the theory sections via home study self paced, please contact our office for further details.